It’s getting to be that time of year when a good ‘ole crockpot full of Cowboy (hamburger vegetable) Soup hits the spot! When the kids were little, we adopted the name Cowboy soup in an effort to get them to try it. They did, and it is definitely a favorite in our household. Guaranteed not to disappoint! 😊
Just a fun name for good ‘ole hamburger vegetable soup! We changed the name when the kids were little in an effort to get them to eat it, and it worked! Definitely one of our favorites.
2 Lbs Ground beef
4 Yukon Gold Potatoes
2 Cans Mixed vegetables Undrained
1 Can Sweet corn Undrained
1 Can Condensed tomato soup
1 Can Petite diced tomatoes
1 Can Cut green beans Undrained
2 Tablespoons Sugar
1. Peel potatoes and cut into small cubes.
2. Brown and drain ground beef
3. Place beef and potatoes in large slow cooker.
4. Add all cans of vegetables, can of tomato soup, and diced tomatoes.
5. Salt and pepper to taste.
6. Finally, add the secret ingredient that sets this apart from your average soup- sugar (thanks to my grandma Hazel)!!
Mix together well and cook on low for 2-3 hours in slow cooker.
Of course you can substitute fresh or frozen veggies, but would need to add a can or two of beef stock to this. No need to add this if using canned veggies, as you will be adding the cans undrained-which provides both liquid and flavor. Enjoy!
For Ingredients And Complete Cooking Instructions Please Head On Over To Next Page Or Open button (>) and don’t forget to SHARE with your Facebook friends