Savor pumpkin even after the season — this canning recipe combines sweet pumpkin puree and maple syrup with tangy lemon juice and ground ginger.
- 4 cups Pumpkin Puree or two 15-oz. cans pumpkin
- 1 1/4 cups pure maple syrup
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Chopped hazelnuts (optional)
- In 5-quart Dutch oven combine all ingredients except nuts. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Cook, uncovered, over medium heat, stirring frequently, 25 minutes or until thick. (If mixture spatters, reduce heat to medium-low). Remove from heat; cool.
- Ladle into jars or freezer containers, leaving 1/2-inch headspace. Cover; store in refrigerator up to 1 week or freezer up to 6 months.
- To serve, top with chopped nuts.
For Ingredients And Complete Cooking Instructions Please Head On Over To Next Page Or Open button (>) and don’t forget to SHARE with your Facebook friends